Release notes for Gluster 3.10.8
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0 , 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4, 3.10.5, 3.10.6 and 3.10.7 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
- Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
- Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.7 are listed below.
- #1507749: clean up port map on brick disconnect
- #1507752: Brick port mismatch
- #1507880: reset-brick commit force failed with glusterd_volume_brickinfo_get Returning -1
- #1508036: Address lstat usage in glusterd-snapshot.c code
- #1514388: default timeout of 5min not honored for analyzing split-brain files post setfattr replica.split-brain-heal-finalize
- #1514424: gluster volume splitbrain info needs to display output of each brick in a stream fashion instead of buffering and dumping at the end
- #1517682: Memory leak in locks xlator