Release notes for Gluster 3.10.6
This is a bugfix release. The release notes for 3.10.0 , 3.10.1, 3.10.2, 3.10.3, 3.10.4 and 3.10.5 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.10 stable release.
Major changes, features and limitations addressed in this release
No Major changes
- Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption
- Sharded volumes are typically used for VM images, if such volumes are expanded or possibly contracted (i.e add/remove bricks and rebalance) there are reports of VM images getting corrupted.
- The last known cause for corruption #1498081 is still pending, and not yet a part of this release.
- Brick multiplexing is being tested and fixed aggressively but we still have a few crashes and memory leaks to fix.
Bugs addressed since release-3.10.5 are listed below.
- #1467010: Fd based fops fail with EBADF on file migration
- #1481394: libgfapi: memory leak in glfs_h_acl_get
- #1482857: glusterd fails to start
- #1483997: packaging: use rdma-core(-devel) instead of ibverbs, rdmacm; disable rdma on armv7hl
- #1484443: packaging: /run and /var/run; prefer /run
- #1486542: "ganesha.so cannot open" warning message in glusterd log in non ganesha setup.
- #1487042: AFR returns the node uuid of the same node for every file in the replica
- #1487647: with AFR now making both nodes to return UUID for a file will result in georep consuming more resources
- #1488391: gluster-blockd process crashed and core generated
- #1488719: [RHHI] cannot boot vms created from template when disk format = qcow2
- #1490909: [Ganesha] : Unable to bring up a Ganesha HA cluster on SELinux disabled machines on latest gluster bits.
- #1491166: GlusterD returns a bad memory pointer in glusterd_get_args_from_dict()
- #1491691: rpc: TLSv1_2_method() is deprecated in OpenSSL-1.1
- #1491966: AFR entry self heal removes a directory's .glusterfs symlink.
- #1491985: Add NULL gfid checks before creating file
- #1491995: afr: check op_ret value in __afr_selfheal_name_impunge
- #1492010: Launch metadata heal in discover code path.
- #1495430: Make event-history feature configurable and have it disabled by default
- #1496321: [afr] split-brain observed on T files post hardlink and rename in x3 volume
- #1497122: Crash in dht_check_and_open_fd_on_subvol_task()